Monday 17 February 2014

Whoops

So, all enthused by last month's topic over at Le Challenge of Rising Sun, I got all creative. A few bleary eyed mornings later (plus a bit of Pinterest) and I had a plan. Diagrams were drawn, paper was cut, fabric was picked and after a week of squeezing sewing into every spare minute, I finished.

...and there it was, an English Paper Pieced cushion with scraps I love, my first go at hand quilting and some lovely Alison Glass bike path from last years giveaway.











Just waiting for the linky party to come round....

... and waiting

...and waiting

And here we are, on the 17th, deadline missed. Whoops



I still like it though. It's sitting on my sofa now, looking lovely and persuading me to keep it for myself, cos no one's going to love it as much as I do.


In other news,



  • Blue Hexis may be getting out of hand
(but I've run out of blue scraps - anyone need swaps?)










  • The man around the house spilled spaghetti sauce on my quilt top the evening I finished it. 
... He lives           

  • Crocheted bed socks for the boy are finished and nearly the same size (lets not count the number of stitches)

  • A Modern Quilt Guild is starting up in Leeds - I may go. 


2 comments:

  1. he spilled spaghetti sauce on it?!!! oh, man. that's horrid. but your rising sun pillow is amazing! good work on all the blue hexies. hope you find some more scraps. sorry I don't have any to offer.

    thanks for linking up with In Hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally stalled on the saucey quilt now too. Hard to get up the motivation :(

    ReplyDelete