Friday 10 October 2014

A Finish!

After a stop for a zip at the weekend, my hand quilted cushion is finished. Happy Me.



 It's a lovely sunny edition to the pile on the sofa, warding of the overcast autumn outside.

When making the back I measured twice, cut once and realised I shouldn't try measuring anything while chatting to the kids. I had a nice square of fabric, 2.5 inches too small, and not enough fabric to cut another. Thankfully I did have a nice selection of greys to choose from (Simply Solids had a lovely sale not too long since), so it was a quick fix.



Clearly I am in need of sunny colours this month as I've moved onto using a moda scrap pack in oranges I'd had no idea what to do with.

I'm thinking dolls quilt or yet another cushion for this one - a local women's running a handmade charity auction to raise fund for Chrone's Disease and I though I'd contribute something. I am nervous making something intended for people I don't know, but enjoying the pace of the EPP!



Linking up to Finish it up Friday

3 comments:

  1. visiting from crazy mum quilts. What a gorgeous cushion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have made that cushion, great quilting, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments. It's my absolute favourite and makes me smile every time I see it.
    I'm so happy the blogosphere exists, as I'd never have have started any sort of quilting without it, nevermind having the confidence to give hand stitching a go.

    ReplyDelete